Thursday, April 4, 2013

My Purpose in Blogging

My husband and I just sat at our kitchen table for 15 minutes shouting out random words that rhymed in order to create a title for my blog.  This is what we came up with - Sustainable, Attainable, Maintainable Health (SAM).  Despite our laughter and spurts of turrets, each of these "-ables" were chosen for a specific reason - to share my goals, progress, and journey in attaining and maintaining a sustainable healthy lifestyle and helping you on that road too.

In setting my own health and fitness goals, I wanted something that would last.  I didn't want to get to my ideal physique, only to have it ruined a month later, then battling again to get it back.  I don't think weight or physique should be a continual struggle in which we are constantly at battle with ourselves.  Synonyms found for sustainable are "endurable, comfortable, cozy, livable, satisfactory, etc.".  In order to attain and maintain my ideal physique, I realized that it must be all of those things.

The number one rule in achieving greatness is visualization.  Rarely do people ever succeed unless they first visualize.  This is the first step in reaching your optimal health - seeing yourself already there and knowing you can attain it.    Make your goals easily seen every day.  Write them on a white board, hang up a picture, or look in the mirror and visualize the better you.  You must have complete confidence that your goals are attainable.

My husband is pretty confident that I have ADD (he was diagnosed and has done loads of research on it) and I'm pretty sure this manifests itself in what I eat and how I exercise.  I am constantly coming up with new ways to cook things or adding/changing ingredients in our meals.  I love discovering new workouts and exercises.  This keeps my healthy lifestyle fresh, fun, and full of exciting adventures...in other words, maintainable.  I will be sharing tips and tricks of this maintainable healthy lifestyle and how to keep it from getting boring and time-consuming.

“If we are creating ourselves all the time, then it is never too late to begin creating the bodies we want instead of the ones we mistakenly assume we are stuck with," (Deepak Chopra).  Visualize your ideal, make goals to get there, and start today.  Sustainable, Attainable, Maintainable health....here I come!!

2 comments:

  1. Saw this on facebook. I'm excited! I love a good health blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! I'm excited to see what you come up with next!

    ReplyDelete