Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Do You Like Green Eggs & Ham?

I am S.A.M...Sustainable, Attainable, Maintainable :) 
I am S.A.M.

S.A.M. I am!

>>That S.A.M. I am, that S.A.M. I am!
>>I want to be that S.A.M. I am!



>>I do!  I like them!  
>>Sustainable, Attainable, Maintainable I am :) 





Green Eggs and "Ham"

  • 1 cup Spinach/kale 
  • 1 whole egg
  • 1/2 cup liquid egg whites

      >>Blend ingredients in a blender and set aside. 
  • Ham, turkey, or some other meat (I actually used turkey!) 
  • Cauliflower (I process mine til it is small and looks almost like rice.  I'm not a huge fan of cauliflower but I don't even notice it!) 
  • Mushrooms
  • Peppers
  • Any other veggies you like! You can get as creative as you want :) 


    >> Heat about a tablespoon of olive oil, safflower oil, or some other vegetable oil in a frying pan. When hot, add vegetables and meat.  Cook for a few minutes until softened and starting to brown.  
   >>Pour in the egg w/spinach and kale.  Stir with spatula until cooked and eggs are no longer liquid!  
  • 1/4 c low-fat cottage cheese
   >>For added protein and creaminess, you can add the cottage cheese.  Add just before the eggs are done and cook it in with the eggs.  Top with Pepper.  (No need for added salt!  There is salt in everything else we eat!  Especially if you top with salsa.) 

Sustainable, Attainable, Maintainable you are! 

These tasted amazing!  I tried blending up the greens because when I just cook them in my eggs, they are kind of stringy and have a not-so-appetizing texture.  Blended up I don't even notice they're in there!  And they turn green...HOW COOL IS THAT!?



No comments:

Post a Comment