Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Chorizo Egg Burrito

My husband found this little gem at Safeway the other day. Soy Chorizo sausage!  It makes super tasty eggs without even having to use an egg yolk, lowering the fat content even more.

In order to sustain and maintain a healthy lifestyle, I love finding healthier alternatives to foods and meals I already love. My husband and I ate at this little French Cafe by our house and ordered some real Chorizo eggs...oh my they were delicious!  When he found the soy version (for only 89 cents too!) He had to get some! Not only was it a healthy alternative, but a cheaper one too!!

You can use this gem in so many different ways...here's how I used it this morning.

Chorizo Egg Burrito

3/4 C Liquid Egg Whites (organic from Costco)
2 oz Chorizo Soy Sausage
2 C Spinach

Cook in a large skillet and serve in any whole wheat tortilla.

(Be careful when buying wheat that it says whole wheat. When it just says "wheat" it is still refined and a lot of the protein, fiber, and vitamins have been removed).

Nutrition Facts (without tortilla)

Fat: 4 g
Carbs: 7.2 g
  Fiber: 3.3 g
Protein: 26 g
Vitamin A: 122 %

Holy smokes. Talk about simplicity! I'm pretty sure it took me less than 10 minutes to make. Even less time to devour down all the tastiness!

http://mobile.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/cacique/soy-chorizo?showFacts=True

No comments:

Post a Comment